Birmingham City Council have unveiled the City Centre Retail Strategy, which will see the transformation of the retail core strengthening its position as a destination of choice for visitors and shoppers.
The strategy capitalises on a range of investments currently underway, which are continuing the overall improvement of the retail core. Some highlights include:
- £150million Grand Central Shopping Centre with its £35 million flagship John Lewis Store.
- £50 million refurbishment of the Mailbox
- £20 million refurbishment of Selfridges
- Over £30 million in improving the public realm to create a high quality and exciting environment
- Upward of £300 million in the Metro Network and;
- In the longer term, HS2’s arrival in the City Centre will bring huge additional benefits.
The consultation on the City Centre Retail Strategy runs from Friday 19th September to Friday 31st October
To read and comment on the Strategy please go to: http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/ccretailstrategy