Birmingham’s advantages as a world class city, its location, connectivity and access to a substantial labour force make it a location of choice for business.
In changing economic times it is essential for Birmingham to focus on the areas in which it offers a competitive advantage. We are therefore targeting those sectors for economic growth to benefit the city.
The prospectus presents a series of Economic Zones marrying the growth sectors with the city’s spatial opportunities. Located to suit the requirements of the sectors, the six zones are:
- Advanced Manufacturing Hub
- City Centre Enterprise Zone
- Tyseley Environmental Enterprise District
- Longbridge ITEC Park
- Life Science Campus
- The Food Hub
Birmingham already has a lot to offer for businesses and investors
- £1bn Public Sector Investment committed across the City in transport and digital infrastructure.
- £100m already committed by Public Sector partners to unlock the potential for economic growth in the Zones outside the city centre.
- Excellent connectivity within the UK and internationally.
- A clear strategy to deliver growth.
Specifically for the Economic Zones we have assembled an exciting and bespoke business offer to support the private sector to accelerate development and ease their start up or move within the city:
- Simplified planning
- Access to finance
- Gap funding
- Business development programmes
- Tailored training and recruitement packages
- The services of Business Birmingham
The Zones will attract £1.5bn investment, generating in the region of 1.8 million sqm of new floor space and 50,000 new jobs,
For further information, and to discuss the opportunities presented here, please contact:Planning & Regeneration Birmingham City Council +44 (0) 121 303 1115 email@example.com Marketing Birmingham +44 (0) 121 202 5115 firstname.lastname@example.org Or visit the website: Business Birmingham